MA Home Care Services News
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- An estimated 25 percent of Americans ages 65+ fall every year (a number that increases as people age).
- Every 11 seconds an older adult is treated in a hospital emergency room for a fall and every 19 minutes an older adult dies from a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of non-fatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries among adults aged ≥65 years (older adults).