Cottage Caregivers is a proud member of the Veteran’s Assist Program. Cottage Caregivers helps you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit for Home Care. There are incredible resources which every qualifying Veteran and Spouse deserve and we can make sure you find out if you qualify and help you take advantage of these great programs.
- We assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application. We help you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- We provide your home care right away.
- We monitor your application’s progress, and assist with responses from the VA.
- We monitor your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- We assist you to file any additional paperwork with the VA.
- We’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
Cottage Caregivers can provide you with assistance including:
- Help with Bathing
- Help with Dressing
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Additional services – including help to access other community resources to improve your quality of life.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care has 11 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension. Let us help you, too.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
You may have what it takes to be eligible for the “Aid & Attendance” benefit. Call us today at 781-430-8599 for details.